Italian Midweek Meals
Angus Meatball Pasta Bake
2 Packs of Simply Better Irish Angus Sea Salt & Herb Beef Meatballs
1 Pack of Simply Better Italian Bronze Die Rigatoni Pasta Di Gragnano P.G.I.
2 Jars of Simply Better Italian Tomato & Mascarpone Pasta Sauce
1 Tub Simply Better Italian Buffalo Mozzarella, drained and sliced
20g Simply Better 30 Month Matured Parmigiano Reggiano, grated
2 Tbsp Simply Better Italian Pesto alla Genovese with PDO Genovese Basil
2 Tbsp Simply Better P.D.O. Terra Di Bari Bitonto Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Lightly Dressed Mixed Salad, to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F/ Gas Mark 4).
2. Bring a pot of boiling salted water to the boil and add the pasta return to the boil and allow to cook for 8-10 minutes. Remove from the heat and drain the pasta in a colander.
3. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large frying pan over a high heat and fry the meatballs for 5-6 minutes until browned on all sides. Add the jars of pasta sauce and the drained pasta and mix well.
4. To assemble, pour the meatball and pasta mix into an ovenproof baking dish and top with the sliced mozzarella and grated Parmesan. Drizzle with the basil pesto before transferring to the oven to cook for 20 minutes until the cheese has melted and become golden in colour.
5. Serve straight to the table with the mixed salad.
Italian Style Cottage Pie With Parmesan Potatoes
2 Tbsp. Simply Better Cold Pressed Irish Rapeseed Oil
550g Simply Better Irish Angus Beef Mince
1 Tin of Simply Better Italian Chopped Tomatoes
1 Tbsp. Simply Better Italian Tomato Puree
300ml Simply Better Irish Made Angus Beef Stock
1 Jar Simply Better Italian Grilled Peppers, drained and diced
2 Carrots, diced
1 Large Onion, finely diced
2 Celery Sticks, diced
2 Garlic Cloves, crushed
1 Tsp Dried Oregano
Small Bunch Fresh Basil Leaves, finely chopped
200ml Simply Better Chianti
Classico Red Wine
Knob of Butter
Sea Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper
Steamed Green Vegetables, to serve
For the Parmesan Potatoes
80g Simply Better Parmigiano Reggiano PDO, finely grated
2 Tbsp. Simply Better Italian Basil Pesto alla Genovese with PDO Genovese Basil
1kg Baby Potatoes, cut into halves
Sea Salt & Freshly Ground Black Pepper
Cook the cottage pie for 25-30 minutes, until bubbling and golden brown
1. Put a skillet pan over a high heat and add a little of the rapeseed oil. Add the mince beef to the pan breaking it up with a wooden spoon and turning it over. Cook the mince for 5-10 minutes until it’s a nice golden brown colour, then transfer to a plate or bowl.
2. Add the butter to the pan and allow it to melt over a medium heat. Add in the onion and sauté for 2-3 minutes, then add the garlic, carrots, celery and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
3. Tip in the browned beef mince and oregano, stirring to combine. Add in the red wine and simmer until almost reduced, then add the tomato puree followed by the diced grilled peppers and stir to combine. Add in the chopped tomatoes and beef stock and season with salt and pepper then bring to the boil and then reduce the heat to a gentle simmer and cook for 30-40 minutes until meltingly tender. If the sauce becomes too thick add a little water or extra stock. Once cooked add the basil and taste for seasoning. Set aside to cool
4. To make the parmesan potatoes, put the potatoes in a pot of cold salted water. Cover and bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes, until tender. Drain the potatoes and crush with a fork or masher. Mix in the pesto and half the parmesan and season generously.
5. Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F / Gas Mark 4). Spoon the crushed potatoes over the mince and sprinkle over the remaining parmesan. Cook the cottage pie for 25-30 minutes, until bubbling and golden brown. Serve straight to the table with the steamed green vegetables.
2 Simply Better Irish Corn Fed Chicken Fillets
2 Simply Better Irish Free Range Corn Fed Large eggs
2 Tbsp. Simply Better Organic Irish Jersey Milk
150g Simply Better Rustic Ciabatta Breadcrumbs
50g Simply Better Parmigiano Reggiano grated, plus extra to garnish
2 Tbsp. Simply Better Italian Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 Tub Simply Better Italian Mozzarella, cut into 4 slices
1 Jar Simply Better Italian Tomato & Mascarpone Pasta Sauce
75g Plain Flour
A small handful of fresh basil leaves
300g Simply Better Italian Bronze Die Spaghetti, cooked
Mixed Leaf Salad
1. Place the chicken on a chopping board and cut each fillet in half lengthways. Spread them out and cover with parchment paper, then bash with a rolling pin until they are about 1cm thick.
2. Put the flour in a dish and season generously with salt and pepper. Put the eggs in a separate dish with the milk and season, then beat lightly with a fork. Put the breadcrumbs and Parmesan into a third dish, stirring to combine. Dust each chicken escalope in the seasoned flour, then dip into the beaten eggs and finally coat it in the breadcrumbs. Arrange on a plate.
3. Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F/gas mark 4).
4. Heat the oil and butter in a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Cook the escalope’s for 2 minutes on each side, until crisp and golden. Pour half of the tomato sauce on a baking tray or into a baking dish, then add the chicken. Spoon a little of the sauce on each one and top with a piece of mozzarella. Transfer to the oven and cook for 10-12 minutes, until the mozzarella is bubbling.
5. Garnish the chicken with some fresh basil and serve straight to the table with a bowl of spaghetti and a bowl of salad so everyone can help themselves.
Garnish the chicken with some fresh basil and serve straight to the table with a bowl of spaghetti and a bowl of salad